nathalie.ie | photos and finds for the creative and curious
Photography

Scary cherry blossoms

As pretty and fresh and cherry blossoms are, they always strike a teensy bit of fear into my heart. And I’m sure many former and current UCD students feel the same.

Why so, you ask? Cherry blossoms, in UCD land, mean one thing: looming exams. Seeing those pretty, pink petals floating about was just a reminder that you should be inside studying, not outside gossiping.

And while exams are far behind me, every time I see cherry blossoms blooming I think back to my UCD days. Fondly, of course, now that I have no Spanish verbs to memorize, or Chaucer text to decipher.

And finally, here’s a shot of a couple of shots taken with my beloved Fuji Instax Mini. It’s no Polaroid SX-70, but it will do for now!

You Might Also Like...

11 Comments

Eilis Boyle
    April 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Wonderful wonderful photographs!!! I couldn’t understand the title!! ; )

Nathalie
      April 26, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Sorry Eilis, it was a bit left of filed. How could something so pretty possibly be scary? But UCD proved it could!

Gav
    April 23, 2010 at 1:29 pm

You’re TOTALLY right about the UCD exams thing – thanks for making me realise I can enjoy them now without having to worry about the four types of globalisation (at least, I think there was four…) or the imperfect tense in German! 🙂

Nathalie
      April 26, 2010 at 10:36 pm

It’s nice to realise, “Hey, May is approaching and there are cherry blossoms swirling around and I am not filled with fear. Aah. “

julie
    April 26, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Thankfully i have no such associations! Lovely lovely blossom and gorgeous pics! That wee instax really produced some lovely stuff, don’t break your heart over the sx70 too much 😉

Nathalie
      April 26, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Thanks Julie! I’m in love with your ladybird pic, by the way! I am having fun with the Instax, however when I scan the shots up from it the look pretty crappy and contrasty and grainy 🙁 Might do a few montages featuring them and just take pictures of those instead!

Christina Brosnan
    April 26, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I love cherry blossoms. My fave! Great photos!

Nathalie
      April 26, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Thanks Christina! They’re a big fave of mine too (those, and peonies), I could shoot them all day (and probably would have had my sister not dragged me away!)

Pretty in purple (and pink) « Nathalie Marquez Courtney Photography
    May 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

[…] rss « Scary cherry blossoms […]

Carnival kicks « Nathalie Marquez Courtney Photography
    March 21, 2011 at 10:10 pm

[…] the cherry blossoms (otherwise known as “Evil Exam Blossoms” to former UCD students, as this post can explain) were out in full […]

nathalie.ie {photos and finds for the creative and curious}: A Sneaky Peek At Spring
    March 13, 2013 at 6:18 am

[…] spring, I also tend to have a bit of a fling with cherry blossoms, and this year was no […]