nathalie.ie | photos and finds for the creative and curious
Fun with B living local Nature Travel

Way Out West

This time last week I was in West Cork with Ben, wandering around Glengarriff and Garnish Island, after shooting some stills at Sarah‘s amazing wedding (can’t wait to share those).

Some pics from our trip to the island below. Ben and I suffered from some serious reverso lens envy – he was mad for my 100mm Macro (and has some beautiful shots to prove it), while I kept borrowing his super wide 20mm. Because of that, and some low battery issues, there was a lot of camera and lens swapping, and a high chance that some of these photos were taken by him!

Garnish Island, by the way, is incredibly pretty and boasts some gorgeous tropical gardens, a Martello tower, an amazing view, and  plenty of seals lounging on the rocks around it.

You Might Also Like...

6 Comments

Ben Keenan
    August 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Gorgeous shots 🙂 much better title than mine too! Nice processing and great to see a bit of the town too.

Nathalie
      August 14, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Thank you 🙂 It’s fun seeing what we each chose to shoot and process, I’m enjoying flicking back and forward! I love the shot of the little boats you took with the 100mm.

» Glengarriff Gentle Ben
    August 14, 2011 at 9:11 pm

[…] Then once we were in Glengarriff and had a bit of time, we hit Seal Island (I wanted to include a link to Google Maps here, but there’s too little coverage of West Cork, it’s pretty off the grid). Nathalie got some stunners. […]

julie
    August 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

Ahhhh i frickin love that place. Isn’t it just fantastic, every time you turn a corner there’s MORE amazing little pathways and wrought iron and rambling flowers… your pics take me right back there, i can feel the sun on my face if i concentrate hard enough 😉

Samantha R
    February 1, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Hi, I am your fathers cousin.. He posted a link to your blog on FB and I just have to tell you that I think you take thee most amazing pictures! You really do. Your photos are beautiful and inspiring. I really have the urge to go out and buy a new SLR now or try to get my old one fixed. 😉

Nathalie
      February 13, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Thank you very much Samantha! Hope you do indeed grab an SLR (I’d go with a second-hand SLR and new lenses) and enjoy your photo adventures 🙂