And a happy new year to all that is living
To all that is gentle, kind, and forgiving
Raise your glass and we’ll have a cheer
My dear acquaintance, a happy new year
And whoosh, just like that, 2015 whizzed by. Like the rest of the year, these days too have gone to fast. I need more time. I’m looking forward to spending tomorrow scheming and dreaming and planning. Why did I feel pressured to have it all done by midnight on the 31st? I’m hoping that doing it tomorrow, a little late, but well intentioned, is a sign of a gentler, kinder, more grown up approach (Ben’s mellowness is finally rubbing off on me, perhaps).
My word for 2015 was ‘explore’ and wow did that turn out to be right. This year had more travel than any year before it, and was topped off with the ultimate exploration into something very new and different.
I hope it has a been a good one for you, and that you’re excited about everything 2016 could bring. I’ll be back next week with something to hopefully brighten up the week – I’m working on some downloadable desktop wallpapers featuring shots from some of my travels (sneak peek above).
In the meantime, here’s some inspiring, empowering, positive vids and reads that I’ve been enjoying today:
- This Aretha Franklin vid blew up on my Facebook feed this morning, and for good reason.
- I’m itching to get back to yoga. This Ashtanga Yoga demo by Laruga Glaser is serious inspiration. If you’re also feeling in the mood for a bit of a stretch, lovely Ellie just shared a link to a fab looking, free, 30-day at home yoga camp.
- It’s not too late to find your word for 2016 or Unravel the Year with Susannah Conway. I plan to spend time doing both tomorrow.
- What separates the Peter Pans from the pros: great read on what it really means to be grown up.
- Books to match your resolutions.
- Erin is a woman of many wise and wonderful words, and in this post her essays become soothing balm for whatever ails you.
- It’s right about now that the diet and detox coverage goes into over-drive. My brilliant trainer Liz penned a great post about forgetting the fads and approaching the new year positively. Her yoga and fitness classes start back next week.
No better time to share this beautiful Regina Spektor song. Wishing you all a very happy, healthy, adventure-filled 2016.